- For current installation instructions on Windows and Cygwin, see http://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools.
- For a better alternative to Easy Install, see pip by Ian Bicking
How to install Easy Install on Ubuntu Linux
$ sudo apt-get install python-setuptools python-dev build-essential
- Go to http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall#installing-easy-install
- Right click on "ez_setup.py" and save the file to "c:\temp"
- Open a cmd.exe prompt
- "cd c:\temp"
- "python ez_setup.py"
How to install Easy Install on Cygwin
$ cd /tmp
$ wget http://peak.telecommunity.com/dist/ez_setup.py
$ python ez_setup.py
- How to use pip with crate.io — posted 2012-10-24
- How to install MySQLdb in a virtualenv on Ubuntu Karmic — posted 2010-02-15
- How to install pip on Ubuntu — posted 2010-02-15
- Using psycopg2 with virtualenv on Ubuntu
JauntyMaverick — posted 2009-07-31
- Notes on using pip and virtualenv with Django — posted 2009-05-06
- Installing Python 2.6 from source on Ubuntu Hardy — posted 2008-10-02
thanks for the ubuntu installation!
Thanks This helped to install django on my Ubunto server!!
is it not nearly farcical that the linux community has made it that a search for "how to install easyinstall" even possible?
it really works, thank you!