I'm Eliot and I work as a Web Developer in Los Angeles, California. I'm a programmer, Asian American, father, husband, and Christian in reverse order of importance. My friend, Bill, coined the name, Salty Crane, as a code for my name. I try to be salty, but most of the time I'm sour instead. I have a BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering and had planned to pursue a career in Robotics. Instead, I switched to software in 2003. I worked with C and embedded software for several years then made a bigger jump to web development in 2008. I enjoy programming and try to continually learn as much as possible. In my spare time, I like to play sports, do outdoor activities, and spend time with my wife and kids.
- Switching from Emacs to Vim (actually Spacemacs) (posted 2015-12-31)
- Switching to OS X and front end development (posted 2015-09-10)
- SaltyCrane Blog: this blog.
- Website: http://www.saltycrane.com/blog/
- Live Log Analyzer: store remote log files to mongoDB and report statistics in real time.
- Supafu: Tag Twitterers with a Tweet.
- Website: [shutdown]
- Review: "easiest way to tag and find interesting twitterers"
- HandsOnCards: A note card and greeting card store by my wife and me.
- Website: [shutdown] archived
- React Learning: tutorials and experiments with React.
- Kage: yet another task manager built with Firebase, Next.js, React, Redux, styled-components, Reactstrap (Bootstrap 4 alpha), Flow, and Prettier.