- From XKCD forums:
There are two kinds of people in the world: (1) those who start their arrays from 1, and (1) those who start their arrays from 0.
How many surrealists does it take to change a light-bulb? - Pink crocodile sandwich.
There are two types of people in the world - those who can infer from incomplete data
- What is your best programmer joke? - Stack Overflow
- If Operating Systems Ran The Airlines
- Linux Users Are All Crazy Fundamentalists (2007)
Admitting that you use Ubunutu is the linux equivalent of putting a spoiler on your Hyundai – the only people who think you’re cool are other people with spoilers on their Hyundais.
- Nuanced, Ambivalent, or Guarded Bumper Stickers (I should obtain one of these.)
I'd rather be engaging in any one of the several activities that I enjoy more than driving.
I support one of the leading political candidates, but that's about all I'd like to say about the matter for now.
- A Brief, Incomplete, and Mostly Wrong History of Programming Languages by James Iry (2009)
It is a syntax error to write FORTRAN while not wearing a blue tie.
In spite of its lack of popularity, LISP ... remains an influential language in "key algorithmic techniques such as recursion and condescension".
Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them popular by not having them.
Dennis Ritchie invents a powerful gun that shoots both forward and backward simultaneously. Not satisfied with the number of deaths and permanent maimings from that invention he invents C and Unix.
- Best. Dad. Ever. (Tom Van Baak)
- First Atomic Clock Wristwatch by Tom Van Baak
- My save-excursion by Steve Yegge (2007)
- The Gettysburg Powerpoint Presentation by Peter Norvig
Lisa! In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!
And he didn't step on the face part of my head!
You need to Google Venn diagram.
Who are you? How did you get in my house?