$ pip install --index-url=https://simple.crate.io yolk
$ pip install --log=my-pip-debug.log --index-url=https://simple.crate.io yolk
- How to install MySQLdb in a virtualenv on Ubuntu Karmic — posted 2010-02-15
- How to install pip on Ubuntu — posted 2010-02-15
- Using psycopg2 with virtualenv on Ubuntu
JauntyMaverick — posted 2009-07-31
- Notes on using pip and virtualenv with Django — posted 2009-05-06
- Installing Python 2.6 from source on Ubuntu Hardy — posted 2008-10-02
This is good ;) cheeseshop tends to be insanely slow lately.
We tried to bundle all installation requirement in a buildout. Watch @ https://github.com/InQuant/buildout_crate.io
Thanks! I put this in my pip.conf
You must check this. https://github.com/wolever/pip2pi
pip offers download caching, which is a huge help to performance even when PYPI is behaving itself. Just add to your ~/.pip/pip.conf:
[global] download-cache = /mnt/pip-cache
Relevant Stack Overflow question. I wish pip did this by default.