See also http://www.xs4all.nl/~borkhuis/vxworks/multsimnt.html
and less importantly http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21123701
- Go to Tornado 2.2 User's Guide > section 6.5 "Configuring the VxSim Full Simulator" > "Installing ULIP on a Windows XP Host" and follow the instructions. Here is the extract of the text:
Installing ULIP on a Windows XP Host 1. From the Start menu select Settings>Control Panel>Add Hardware. This launches the driver installation wizard. Click Next. 2. The wizard searches for recently connected hardware; this stage can take several minutes. Then select Yes, I have already connected the hardware, and click Next. 3. From the Installed hardware list, select Add a new hardware device, and click Next. 4. Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list [Advanced], click Next. 5. From the Common hardware types list, select Network adapters, click Next. 6. Click Have Disk, and select the host\x86-win32\bin directory of your Tornado installation. 7. Select WindRiver ULIP, and click Next twice 8. The Hardware Installation dialog reports that “WindRiver ULIP has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP. You can safely ignore this warning and click Continue Anyway. 9. Then, from the Control Panel, launch Network Connections and right-click WindRiver ULIP connection (You can rename this connection). 10. From the WindRiver ULIP Properties panel, select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and click Properties. 11. Check Use the following IP address, and enter an IP address of the form nnn.nnn.nnn.254 (for example, 192.168.255.254), and 255.255.255.0 as Subnet mask, and click on Advanced. 12. In the WINS tab, select Disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP and click OK to properly close all the remaining windows. 13. If you want to enable network communication between simulators and the outside world, select Setting>Control Panel>Administrative tools from the Start menu, double-click on Services, then search for the Routing and Remote access service. If it is disabled, right-click on it and change the startup type to Automatic so it will be started whenWindows starts. Click OK to validate your change. The service can now be started using the play icon on the main service window.
- Create a bootable project
- From pg. 208 of the Tornado User's Guide:
- On the VxWorks tab in the Project Workspace window, select the folder called network components. - Right click and select Include ‘network components’ from the pop-up menu. Click OK to accept the defaults.
- Click on "development tool components" > "WDB agent components" > "select WDB connection".
- Right-click on the bolded "WDB simulator pipe connection" and select "Exclude 'WDB simulator pipe connection'". Click "OK"
- Right-click on "WDB END driver connection" and select "Include 'WDB END driver connection'...". Click "OK".
- Rebuild your project.
- Follow these instructions from pg. 209 of the Tornado User's Guide:
– Click the Launch Simulator icon. Select Custom-built simulator and set the path to a full simulator project directory. Click OK. In the Launch Target Server window. click on Details. Select Full simulator to enable the default target server options and click OK to launch the target server. – Click on Tools>TargetServer>Configure. In the Configure Target Servers window, select wdbrpc in the Available Back Ends list, set the IP address of the simulator in the Target Name/IP Address field, and set the target server name to vxsim. The target server command line should be: tgtsvr.exe 192.168.255.1 -n vxsim1 -V -B wdbrpc
- I got the following errors in my target server window:
tgtsvr ([email protected]): Tue Feb 27 09:45:57 2007 Checking License ...OK Connecting to target agent... succeeded. Attaching C++ interface... succeeded. Attaching pecoff OMF reader for SIMNT CPU family... succeeded. Error: rpccore backend client Procedure unavailable Error: Cannot get target toolname (gopher Error)
Hello How are you? Did you get this working? I am trying to setup Tornado 2.2 with vxsim in my notebook (XP Media Center)and I can't get vxwim working. I was not able to setup the "target server" with vxsim. Thanks Rgds m
Here I am. In 2015... reading old posts for old software from 2007. :(