PyQt is the best GUI toolkit for Python. Here are some examples and notes I am in the process of collecting.
There is a good collection of tutorials and examples included with the PyQt 4 installation. On Windows, go to "Start" -> "All Programs" -> "PyQt GPL v4.x.x" -> "Examples Source" for many tutorials and examples ported from C++/QT to Python/PyQt.
Update 2008-09-28: For Ubuntu Linux, the examples are part of the
python-qt4-doc package. Execute
sudo apt-get install python-qt4-doc then navigate to
- How to install PyQt4 on Windows
- How to install PyQt4 on Ubuntu
- PyQt4 QAbstractTableModel / QTableView simple example
- How to display the stdout of a command with PyQt4
- How to run a command and display its stdout with PyQt4
- PyQt4 QAbstractTableModel / QTableView example with formatting
- PyQt4 QAbstractTableModel / QTableView example with sorting
- PyQt4 QAbstractListModel / QListView simple example
- How to capture the Tab press key event in PyQt4
- PyQt4 Tab Completion Example
- PyQt: How to pass arguments while emitting a signal — posted 2008-01-29
- PyQt4 QItemDelegate example with QListView and QAbstractListModel — posted 2008-01-23
- How to install pyqt4 on ubuntu linux — posted 2008-01-15
- Python PyQt Tab Completion example — posted 2008-01-04
- How to capture the Tab key press event with PyQt 4.3 — posted 2008-01-03
- PyQt 4.3 Simple QAbstractListModel/ QlistView example — posted 2008-01-03
Thanks! These are very cool! Also, the update about the examples on Ubuntu was great (I have been looking for those stupid examples on Ubuntu forever!).
Thanks! good Job
very good examples. really nice job